Skip to main content
U.S. flag

An official website of the United States government

Customer Assistance: 1-800-613-6743

Get Answers to Your Banking Questions

What can I do if I am unable to call the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC) to file a new complaint or ask questions about my existing complaint because the call center staff is temporarily unavailable?

You can file a complaint using the Customer Complaint Form. The form has a 30-minute time limit for security reasons. If you have not completed and submitted the form within 30 minutes of beginning to fill out the form, information you entered may be lost. You may also fax your complaint to (713) 336-4301. The OCC can facilitate communications between you and the bank once your written complaint is received. You can also research general banking questions on our Help With My Bank website.

You can check the status of your existing complaint case by entering your assigned case number.

Last Reviewed: April 2021

Please note: The terms "bank" and "banks" used in these answers generally refer to national banks, federal savings associations, and federal branches or agencies of foreign banking organizations that are regulated by the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC). Find out if the OCC regulates your bank. Information provided on should not be construed as legal advice or a legal opinion of the OCC.

Still need help?

Contact Us